Re: the world's most frequently read instructions

Subject: Re: the world's most frequently read instructions
From: BartelMM -at- appliedbiosystems -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:01:20 -0700

<Yet,the instructions identifying the room for me to use to answer a call of
nature, will only say something like "Man." Conversely, the bathroom in
a public place that is intended for my wife's use will only say
something like "Women," or a cute variation thereof. In either case, the
instructions cannot possibly be more concise than one word.>

In the shopping district near my house, there is a barber shop named "The Men's
Room." On a recent Sunday afternoon as I was idly walking past this barber shop,
a woman not from the area (I could tell by her accent, y'all) asked me where the
women's facilities are. She was quite incensed that there is a "Men's Room" but
no "Women's Room."

Mary M. Bartels