RE: Who is doing great documentation?

Subject: RE: Who is doing great documentation?
From: "EXT-Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore" <Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'Mike Hyatt'" <mhyatt -at- esri -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:31:11 -0700

Mike Hyatt wrote:

> I am looking for examples of outstanding software documentation (printed or
> PDF). The type of doc does not matter (user/developer/administrator/install
> guide, reference manual, quick reference, tutorial, etc.), nor does the type
> of application. The doc's audience can range from consumer end users to
> developers. The scope of this study includes printed books and PDF documents
> on CD or the Web, and excludes online help.

<rest of message snipped>

What will be done with the survey results? And have there been any surveys like this in the past?

Just wondering ... I'm sure others are, too.

Thanks!

Ted Hornoi-Centerwall
Technical Writer, COMSYS
Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com

The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone.