RE: the world's most frequently read instructions

Subject: RE: the world's most frequently read instructions
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- kinzan -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:48:05 -0700

> <Yet,the instructions identifying the room for me to use to
> answer a call of
> nature, will only say something like "Man." Conversely, the
> bathroom in
> a public place that is intended for my wife's use will only say
> something like "Women," or a cute variation thereof. In
> either case, the
> instructions cannot possibly be more concise than one word.>

Ah, yes they can. My grandson is only three and cannot yet
read the words, but he knows that he goes into the circle
room with mommy, not the triangle room. Sometimes even a
single word is superfluous.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- kinzan -dot- com

"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."
-- Douglas Adams
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy