Re: The world's most frequently read instructions

Subject: Re: The world's most frequently read instructions
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Humbird, Len" <len -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 19:55:54 -0400

"Humbird, Len" wrote:

> I would say the world's most frequently read instructions:

I wonder if there are any statistics on this. I would think that most of
us use the rest room at least at frequently as we push or pull (doors)

<snip>

> Least read but most important instructions - for a fire extinguisher:
> 1. Pull Pin; 2. Aim at base; 3. Sweep

<snip> If you want to read about elegant utilitarian instructions, check
out Before
> & After (www.pagelab.com). Though it is a graphic arts magazine, publisher
> John McWade has some great anecdotal articles on how we communicate.

You left off the least believed: Wet Paint. <g>

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-