RE: The world's most frequently read instructions

Subject: RE: The world's most frequently read instructions
From: "Humbird, Len" <len -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 17:11:53 -0700

> I would think that most of us use the rest room at
> least at frequently as we push or pull (doors)

Yeah, but unlike a traffic sign, restroom signs don't change, and they don't
geographically move. We probably stop paying attention to the signs on the
restroom door when we become accustom to their geographic location.

How about these often-seen instructions:
"Wash hands thoroughly before returning to work." (for restaurant workers),
or perhaps the instructions for an electric dryer for hands.

> You left off the least believed: Wet Paint. <g>

Except that it's not really an instruction as much as a warning. Perhaps
that applies to restroom door signs as well. :-)