Re: The world's most frequently read instructions

Subject: Re: The world's most frequently read instructions
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Michael West <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 20:39:55 -0400

Michael West wrote:

> Call me dysfunctional, but I go in and out of my building at least four times a
> day. Each entry and exit requires going through two doors that need to be pushed
> or pulled (and I get it right about half the time, because they're not labelled).
>
> That adds up to a hell of a lot more doors per day than potty-trips -- trust me.

Dysfunctional, You made my point. If there are no signs to read, how do
you read them. (see title above for what this thread is about.)
Moreover, when going into a new place, most don't read the push-pull
signs on the door. Revolving doors are somewhat intuitive. But, we sure
as heck look for the sign on the "potty" door. At least, most of the
time. I'm sure many of us have made embarrassing mistakes, I have.
BTW---- NO, I wont go there.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-