Re: KWord

Subject: Re: KWord
From: James Charles Rau <jcrrau -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: Catie Easley <ceasley -at- is -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:56:23 -0700

Catie Easley wrote:

> Has anyone used KWord? One of our developers suggested it since it's free.
> |From their Web site (http://koffice.kde.org/kword/): "KWord is a
> FrameMaker-like wordprocessor application for KOffice. So it can be used for
> DTP, but also for "normal" wordprocessing (like writing letters, reports,
> etc.)." Does anyone know if this is true?

Hi Catie,

Yes, I've used KWord and like it, but I'm using the beta version which
I've found to be rather unstable (when it crashes, it takes my whole
Linux system down). I've created letters and reports (the usual
word-processing tasks) and did some DTP will it. So yes, it will do
everything as advertised.

I'm rather new to Linux, so I'm having a rather difficult time trying to
figure out if its the beta-version of KWord I'm using, or my KDE
environment that's causing the system crashes. So that's my only caveat.

James Rau