Re: Get to the point?

Subject: Re: Get to the point?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Michael West <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 21:10:20 -0400

Michael West wrote:

> The flames struggling weakly against the darkness is quite a
> nice image, and entirely in keeping with the mood that the
> author intended to create.
>
> Anyway, we don't write like that any more.
>
> Hemingway's followers would just write:
>
> "It rained like hell and the wind nearly blew out the lamp."

Although way off topic, I wonder if we could solicit styles of writing
that phrase, by other authors. There must be a web site on that.

your Hemingway style is a good start.

Mailer: Not even the black, rain soaked sky would keep that bastard from

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-