Embedded HTML Help

Subject: Embedded HTML Help
From: "Alison Haywood" <amh -at- delcam -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 11:07:10 +0100

Dear Listers

I'm documenting a product that has an embedded HTML browser as a pane in the
application window.

I've been authoring a HTML page per form or menu item in the program
manually, and the developers have written a whizzy little program that
compiles it all into the main program. This method however means that we
have hundreds of HTML pages and no index/table of contents. So to get round
this we want to build it all as a .chm, so it would have automatic
search/index/toc ability.

Unfortunately though the developer can embed the help viewer area of the chm
but can't (easily) work out how to embed the whole of the HTML Viewer,
including toolbar buttons and help/index panes.

Has anyone done this in their product? And can you provide links to anywhere
where it is documented? (the HTML Help Workshop documentation is pretty
useless in this case)

Many thanks - Alison

I'm on digest, so please mail your help to my mail address below.

--
Alison Haywood _____________________
CopyCAD/PowerINSPECT Technical Author Email: amh -at- delcam -dot- com