Re: Looking for the Bingo (was Get to the point?)

Subject: Re: Looking for the Bingo (was Get to the point?)
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 14:44:48 -0700

Dan Emory wrote:

> The sequences of steps (it would look better in a flow chart)
> for getting to Bingo are described for both well-done printed
> manuals and for a typical WinHelp-type keyword/topic
> help system.

Dan:

I've never put this process into words, so thanks for doing it
for me.

The only addition I would make is that your summary is a model of
how an informed user works - that is, one who has learned how to
research at university, or taught themselves the most efficient
way to use their resources. Other readers would probably give up
very early in the proess you describe, or jump directly to
tech-support.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"The future was our to protect or profane,
Paradise lost or paradise gained.
You tell me: is paradise here
After two hundred years."
-Eric Bogle, "Bicentennial Song"