Re: Robert Bringhurst was Font size for headings

Subject: Re: Robert Bringhurst was Font size for headings
From: "Dave McGill" <david -dot- mcgill -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "Michael West" <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 22:25:47 -0400

Hi,

Just like to add a very minor contribution to the discussion; Robert
Bringhurst has a new book out.

_A Short History of the Printed Word_
Waren Chappell and Robert Bringhurst, Hartley & Marks, 2000
ISBN 0-88179-154--7

The book was originally written in 1970 by Chappell; Bringhurst has edited
and revised the original to produce a second edition.

From the back cover...
"A Short History Of the Printed Word makes plain the evolution, impact and
development of the printed word as we know it. Covering the earliest forms
of the letters of the alphabet, to graphics technology today, this revised
classic is an invaluable guide for designers, students, and typophiles.
... "

I just started it today, but I think it will be just as interesting as
_The Elements of Typographic Style_. I'm sure that anyone who as enjoyed
this discussion will enjoy both books.

Regards

Dave McGill