Antwort: Re: Font size

Subject: Antwort: Re: Font size
From: kerstin -dot- molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:26:17 +0200

Hi Robert!

You asked:
>>>I've used 9pt text in a document with caution before (the technical
content
required me to lay out many columned tables, and the only way to do that
was to reduce the point size) and found it is fine, as long as you up the
leading.

Does anyone else use 9pt? Anyone use smaller? <<<

We use 9pt as standard text size for our manuals. Lists and howtos and the
contents of tables are set in 8.5 pt, some descriptions of figures use
8pt. Our headings are 10.5pt/bold, 10.5pt/regular, 9.5pt/regular,
9.5pt/regular+italics, 9pt/bold.

It seems to work - up to now, none of our cusomers has complained about the
font size...

>>>My personal taste is that body text in 11pt or bigger reads like the
books you find in the library for people with not so good eyesight.
I read a lot of novels and am comfortable reading small typefaces. <<<
Same with me.

Ciao,
Kerstin