Keeping synchronized

Subject: Keeping synchronized
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 07:44:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, guys...general question for those that work on multiple machines.
I don't think this is OT as it involves how we do our work.

I have a laptop, a couple of computers at home and one at my office.
Any of them might be used for work purposes.

For those in the same situation, what do you do to keep them
"synchronized" with the latest versions of the files that you are
working on.

Before you state the obvious (network), keep in mind that the work
computer is behind firewall and difficult to access, and the laptop
is usualy used unconnected, such as on a train or in the backyard on
a picnic table.

I guess what I'm looking for is a general outline of the process and
routine, not necessarily tools or software, though suggestions will
be considered.

Thanks

=====
John Posada