Re: Oranges OT (was Get to the Point)

Subject: Re: Oranges OT (was Get to the Point)
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:13:34 -0700

On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 15:44:12 Susan Guttman wrote:

>Oranges are green before they ripen. They are indeed picked while still
>green, and then exposed to ethylene gas, which "ripens" the exterior to a
>healthy-seeming orange.
>They do this so that the oranges can be safely transported across country
>without danger of the fruit rotting en route.

This discussion is really ridiculous, and it seems as if it exists because people were trying to let others know just what an incredible genius they are on every subject, including produce.

I had a whole refute written, then deleted it because its so silly. I can't believe I just wasted my time writing it, in fact. Gaaaah!

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com