RE: Frames are panes ???

Subject: RE: Frames are panes ???
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:04:38 -0400

The following, just for fun, are from the Microsoft Manual of Style:


Use only to refer to the separate areas of a split or single window. For
example, in Windows Explorer, the names of all the folders can appear in one
pane and the contents of a selected folder in the other pane. Use lowercase
for pane names, as in "the annotation pane."


Avoid in end-user documentation to refer to a nonbrowser section of a Web
page. Also avoid in technical documentation unless you are specifically
referring to frame technology, not just a section of the page. (Many Web
sites use tables, not frames, to divide a page.)
"Frame" has a number of other computer meanings (see the Microsoft Press
Computer Dictionary), so be sure to define it if the context is unclear.

End Quotes.

No further comment.

Jim Shaeffer
jims -at- spsi -dot- com

Previous by Author: RE: Tools and programming
Next by Author: RE: Online Help/Formats
Previous by Thread: Frames are panes ???
Next by Thread: Re: Frames are panes ???

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads