Re: Frames are panes ???

Subject: Re: Frames are panes ???
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "Jim Shaeffer" <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:19:17 -0500

Jim,

Frames are not panes. In my lexicon, frames are generally independently
scrollable sections, where panes are simply visible divisions of the
window (actually most often dialog boxes). A perfect example of panes is
the Windows Print dialog, which has panes labeled Printer, Print Range,
Copies, etc. Frames are generally found on web pages and actually function
as a separate web page, but one which is visible with the main content
frame.

I suppose the Windows Explorer use of the term pane is an anomaly. Go
figure.....! Microsoft inconsistent???

Jane