Re: thought-provoking web page question

Subject: Re: thought-provoking web page question
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 06:44:43 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michele Davis" <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 1:32 AM
Subject: thought-provoking web page question

> What are people's favorite things to see on a web page? Lots of
> graphics, witty text, a good combination of both.

Obviously this depends on the purpose eof the web page and the
reason I'm there.

I don't want a lot of graphics and "witty" (yuck) text if I'm after hard
information. Unless of course the graphics are an integral part of
the information delivery -- not just diversions.

If I'm just browsing -- like skimming a magazine rack down at the
news agency -- I may be temporarily amused by clever visuals,
but in the long run the sites I'm going to return to are the ones that
made my visit worthwhile by delivering the goods in a clean, clear,
accessible way.

Michael West
Melbourne, Australia