RE: A tech writer's koan

Subject: RE: A tech writer's koan
From: "Humbird, Len" <len -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:03:43 -0700

> "Mandy Wells" wrote ...
>
> > Would you write your piece in your own, technically
> > excellent style, knowing that it would be more
> > useful to the end-user?
> >
> > Or would you write in the other company's icky style
> > so your piece looks like it's an integrated part of
> > the (nasty) whole?
>
> What makes you so sure your style is so technically
> excellent? I mean, I think my ass looks great but
> do you REALLY want it on a billboard all over town?
>

> One person's technical excellence is another's BeOS.

..Probably in the same way that when you write your technically excellent
diatribes on other people's drivel, people see your ass plastered all over

:-) By the way, was the reference to your derrière a metaphor for Mandy's
reference to... oh never mind.

Thanks for always coming through for a laugh.

Len