Re: fields in or on a tab

Subject: Re: fields in or on a tab
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 07:07:41 +1100

"Becca Price asked

> Do you click in a field that is *in* a specific
> tab, or click on a field that is on a specific tab?

Many of us write "on a tab" even though we write "in a window" -- for somewhat
the same reasons, i suppose, that we write "on a page" but "in a table".

It isn't clear cut. Sometimes we say "in a list", sometimes we say "on a list".

"On the tab" seems "righter" to me, but I can't think of any convincing reason
why it should be so.

I believe the MMoS has something on this (I'm not at my desk); it might be good
to follow their advice if there are no overriding factors to the contrary.

--
Michael West
Melbourne, Australia