Re: Enduring Job Interviews

Subject: Re: Enduring Job Interviews
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

> benadam -at- cyberdude -dot- com wrote:
>
> A fact you may want to consider before passing judgment here: the companies in
question solicited me after seeing a résumé on the Web; I did not, in any way,
solicit these companies for employment.

YES YOU DID!

By posting your resume to the web you are soliciting employment from any company
or recruiter with web access.

When I was looking for a senior technical writer (at my last job) I was appalled
by how many ingrates would would post their resume to the web then have the
nerve to say: "Where the heck did you get my name and phone number!?"

A few of these folks posted their resume to Monster.com, then got all pissy when
they were called for an interview.

I guess it is a case of eating your cake and having it too.

Best of luck on your job search. Try not to get frustrated at a few bad
occurrences.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer