RE: Keeping synchronized

Subject: RE: Keeping synchronized
From: "Adria Quinones" <adriaq -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:47:49 -0400

On my current project, the network is inaccessible from outside the
office. We all have home computers, but we also travel a lot.

My current solution is a web hard drive. I keep a copy of our current
operations manual there, as well as everything we're working on. I move
things in and out as needs be; the copy of record is always the network,
but if at 10:30 at night someone has a document problem, (which does
happen, about once a week), they can get what they need.

If your documents are really large, you may have to pay for space, but
you can get quite a bit for less than $10 a month.

about.com's "Freebies" site has a nice roundup of--imagine!--free
http://freebies.about.com/shopping/freebies/msub35.htm

Files Anywhere also looked promising:
http://www.filesanywhere.com/

HTH,