Re: Keeping synchronized

Subject: Re: Keeping synchronized
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:47:31 -0400

Tom Murrell wrote:

> --- John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> >
> > I have a laptop, a couple of computers at home and one at my office.
> > Any of them might be used for work purposes.
> >
> > For those in the same situation, what do you do to keep them
> > "synchronized" with the latest versions of the files that you are
> > working on.

> I've got about four machines that I can do work on, too. ...
>
> Since the office PC is the primary machine, I funnel everything into
> that. If I'm going to work at home, I'll email the files to be worked
> on. When I'm done at home, I'll email them back to the office. ...

My worry there would be security. Intercepting email is trivially
easy for a privileged employee at an ISP which either the home or the
connects to, and may be possible for others as well.

I wouldn't do that without installing PGP (www.gnupg.org or www.pgp.com)
at both ends. Even then, I'd check with the company security administrator.