Re: Looking for the BINGO

Subject: Re: Looking for the BINGO
From: "Lois Patterson" <lois -at- dowco -dot- com>
To: <techwr-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:41:31 -0700

> Dan, I do understand that you are describing, not prescribing. But why
isn't there more context-sensitivity out there?

I'm not Dan, but the reasons are evident. Context-sensitive help requires
that the screen design be frozen at an earlier stage than would often be the
case otherwise. It requires extra work on the part of the developers and
testers and the writers too. In short, it's more expensive.

Lois Patterson (currently working on a context-sensitive web-based help
system)
lois -at- dowco -dot- com