RE: Looking for the Bingo (was Get to the point?)

Subject: RE: Looking for the Bingo (was Get to the point?)
From: "Michael West" <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:56:12 +1100

Sure, some "anyones" in my shop are doing it, and will continue to do it
more. The "What's This?" feature of WinHelp 4 is a nice tool.

Remember, though, that while it is good (real good) to link the help
to specific windows and controls, there still needs to be a logically-
structured TOC, along with functional summaries and overviews.

Context-sensitive help is great if you're already in the right window.
If you're not, you need to be able to find an answer to "Where do I
do such-and-such" without a lot of digging and clicking up blind alleys
(how's that for mixing metaphors?).

Michael West
Melbourne, Australia