Re: fields in or on a tab

Subject: Re: fields in or on a tab
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:31:53 -0400

A tab is the thingie that sticks up. A tabbed page is the page that is
attached to the tab. When you click the tab (the thingie that sticks up and
is visible), the tabbed page appears. The tabbed page has the Muckamuck
check box, the Deedledum list, and the Bopawama field.

"Tab" has a generally accepted meaning that any dictionary provides. It is
not the "page", but the little thingie.

>Becca asked about "in a tab" vs "on a tab."
>Now that I've had my coffee, it occurs to me to mention that
>sometimes you can side-step this issue by constructing your
>procedure like this.
>1. Click the Options tab, and then choose [the option you want to mention].
>Also, you can write "The tab displays [stuff]" rather
>than "There is stuff in/on the tab."

Previous by Author: FrameMaker Question
Next by Author: Re: Table "continuation" field in Word...
Previous by Thread: Re: fields in or on a tab
Next by Thread: RE: fields in or on a tab

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads