RoboHTML vs FrontPage

Subject: RoboHTML vs FrontPage
From: mpriestl -at- ca -dot- ibm -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:43:20 -0400

I'm forwarding this question on behalf of a friend. Please send responses
to her directly - her email is listed at the end. She can summarize to the
list if there's interest.

The question:

I am creating a web-based documentation system, that will eventually be a
small part of a larger web-based product knowledge base for a web-based
product.
I have been creating this kind of system for the last 4 years, using
FrontPage. While not exactly flash application, FrontPage allows me to
create and organise multiple files and multiple nested frames, and hence
create the look and feel I want.

A colleague is suggesting that I use RoboHTML to create my web-based
documentation. I have not used RoboHelp, but I have used similar
applications.

I am somewhat reluctant, but I don't know enough about RoboHTML to be able
to assess its merits. Personally I would prefer to investigate moving to a
web-compatible relational database, so that key pieces of information can
be
reused in multiple areas.

Can anyone tell me the advantages of RoboHTML over FrontPage?
How many people use RoboHTML and how many people use FrontPage for HTML
browser-based documentation?
How does RoboHTML work? - I gather you run Word-based documents through the
RoboHTML compiler.
What is the output? Regular HTML or something else?
Can you do multiple nested frames?
Does RoboHTML enable you to use CSS?
How easy is it to add JavaScript?

Thanks for your help