Re: TM or R?

Subject: Re: TM or R?
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 04:46:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Barbara <iluvsoftware -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> When do I use TM (trademark) and when do I use R
> (registered trademark)?
>
> Sorry if this is a dumb question
>
> Obviously one is registered, but what exactly does
> that mean? Can I assume that my current' co's software
> is all registered?

I did some research on a different topic recently when I ran across the
explanation of the difference between (R) and TM. If a patent has been
approved, it is registered; use the (R). If a patent has been applied
for or will be applied for but is not yet approved, use TM.

As always in such questions, consult the Legal Department where you
work. It's there job to sort it all out correctly. If you're
freelancing, PLEASE get good legal advice.

=====
Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems