RE: Looking for sample questions for a survey

Subject: RE: Looking for sample questions for a survey
From: "Fisher, Melissa" <Melissa -dot- Fisher -at- delta-air -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:18:32 -0400

Sorry, I can't help you with any surveys. But I do have another
suggestion... (you knew I would, didn't you?)

I can't speak for the size or politics in your organization, but would it be
out of the question for you to spend some time in the tech support
department, working side-by-side with a rep for a couple of hours to see
what their job is like and to see what kind of situations they deal with?
The last company I worked with started doing this and to the best of my
knowledge, it worked out to the benefit of both departments. (Kimberly, are
you out there? care to comment?) The tech support folks got an opportunity
to provide suggestions to the writers and the writers got an opportunity to
actually hear our customers try to use our docs in real-world situations.

Just a suggestion - it may not work in every environment.

Melissa Fisher
melissa -dot- fisher -at- delta-air -dot- com