Font size

Subject: Font size
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:18:34 -0700

Bernd Hutschenreuther <bernd -dot- hutschenreuther -at- net-linx -dot- de> wrote:

>That's why, I use different font sizes to the default text mainly in
>headings, there I can keep the raster (grid) easily, by setting the
>distance to the next line.
>
>Do you think it is important to take care for this part of typography in
>technical writing? Or is it just my own style?

It's not strictly necessary, and, from the blank stares I've got
when I've discussed this technique, very fewer tech writers have
even heard of it.

However, I think that it does give a document a more professional
look, and make it more attractive to work with.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"The rich coming waving their money, but money's not the price,
Souls that gain admission cannot pay it twice,
Stock exchange quotations, do not list its name,
But behind the walls at Liberty Hall, they're buying just the
same."
- Oyster Band, "Liberty Hall"