Greek letters and things and multilingual source versions

Subject: Greek letters and things and multilingual source versions
From: Susan Harkus <Susan -dot- Harkus -at- xt3 -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:55:46 +1100

Ricardo Rodrigues raised a question about maintaining multilingual source in Framemaker and someone sent back a comprehensive response on the Framemaker side that I am sure was very valuable to Ricardo.

But for anyone who is facing the challenge of multilingual source, there is some useful information in the latest edition of Multilingual Compliance News, which is sent out by Foreign Exchange Translations. The information describes the new multilingual source management facilities that have opened up with unicode-compliant OS such as Windows 2000, as well as with unicode support in other tools.

I subscribe to MCN and have no qualms about promoting its value because I often forward my copies to other colleagues. These days anyone who is working in the web environment faces multilingual issues at all levels: marketing, technology and source development.

You can read the info in the latest newsletter at the MCN archives at http://www.fxtrans.com/mcn/
.. and there are subscribe options at that page as well!

Susan Harkus
Sydney, Australia