Keyboard Combinations

Subject: Keyboard Combinations
From: "Styles & Scribbles" <sands -at- drizzle -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 19:24:01 -0700

Hi all, I don't know if my first message went thru or not -- didn't receive
any responses and am on the digest. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

I'm in search of published standards for typing keyboard combinations
(a.k.a. keyboard shortcuts). That is, standards noting the use of a hyphen
(-) as opposed to a plus (+).

The MSTP says to use a plus, e.g., press CTRL+V to paste.

I'm specifically in search of guidelines for using a hyphen. Reason: It
looks cleaner and in Word we can use a non-breaking hyphen
(CTRL-SHIFT-Hyphen) to ensure that the text wrap together at line ends.

If you can't think of specific editorial publications, if you can refer me
to specific published instructional publications, that'd be cool.

The bottom line: I am looking for justification for using hyphens verses
pluses to present to our editorial style guide and management teams.

Thanks,
-Tif

Tiffany Adamowski
www.sands.seattle.wa.us
sands -at- drizzle -dot- com

p.s. If you could respond directly to me, it'd be helpful since I'm on
digest. I'll compile and send back to the list.
Thanks!!