Re: desktop or laptop?

Subject: Re: desktop or laptop?
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:34:44 -0500

> I will be getting a new computer and have the luxury of choosing between a
> laptop and desktop.

I'm a big fan of mobile computing. It's great to have the flexibility to
take the computer to home, work, etc., not to mention taking it out under
your favorite shade tree on days when you need a break but still need to get
work done.

The disadvantages are fairly obvious. Notebooks are more subject to damage,
offer little or no upgrade possibilities, etc.

It depends quite a bit on your personal preferences and lifestyle, but I'm
thoroughly addicted to portable computing.

David Berg