RE: SDK Format

Subject: RE: SDK Format
From: "Leslie Johnson (Wasser)" <a-leslij -at- microsoft -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:13:07 -0700

Becky asks:

Do any of you have suggestions on where to find state-of-the-art SDK
formats?

Becky, check the MSDN website (www.msdn.microsoft.com). If you look in the
Library section, you'll see a lot of SDK documentation. It's not hard copy
documentation, obviously, but it'll give you a really good idea of what's
generally done in the industry for SDKs, at least in terms of sections,
layouts, what's necessary, what's not, etc.

I'm not saying that these SDKs are perfect - I'm in the middle of writing
documentation for one now, and I'm changing the way some of the information
is presented. They're a good starting point, though.

Good luck!
Leslie Johnson