Framemaker vs. w/SGML

Subject: Framemaker vs. w/SGML
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:23:42 -0500

Being the newbie TW that I am, I have a question for the Framemaker gurus
out there.

My company currently uses Pagemaker (and occasionally Word 97) for
documentation. My boss is considering buying Framemaker next year, and I
would like to have some information to help me decide whether to make a
pitch for Framemaker w/SGML. What are the basic practical reasons for paying
the extra price for SGML?

Thanks,

David Berg