Re: desktop or laptop?

Subject: Re: desktop or laptop?
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, Melissa -dot- Fisher -at- delta-air -dot- com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

How about a compromise: A laptop with a docking station.

Without the docking station you can use a 19 or 21 inch monitor, the keyboard of
your choice, and the mouse of your choice.

With this option there is no "synching" problems discussed here earlier.

Good luck on your choice.

> I will be getting a new computer and have the luxury of choosing between a
> laptop and desktop. I'll be working from home from here on out and I'd like
> your opinions regarding the reliability of a laptop. I am leaning toward the
> laptop because of the convenience - but my last venture with a laptop, while
> completely satisfactory for most of its duration, ended very, very badly.
> Melissa Fisher

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Senior Technical Writer