Re: RoboHelp vs. RoboHTML

Subject: Re: RoboHelp vs. RoboHTML
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Ken Bowes <KBowes -at- dacg -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:51:12 -0500

RoboHelp and RoboHTML are separate HATS (Help Authoring Tools). RoboHelp sits
inside of Word and creates traditional WinHelp (.rtf-based help). RHTML is a
standalone, is NOT based on Word, and creates HTML-based help. You can create
either the compiled HTML help which requires I.E. on the computer to run, or you
can create what RH calls WebHelp, which can be used with any browser (including
I.E.). The generated help sits out on the server and downloads one page at a
time as needed by the user.

There are two listserver groups which might help you with the learning curve. If
you contact me offlist, I will be happy to give you the references.

Jo Byrd