Re: Using Text from Microsoft Manual of St

Subject: Re: Using Text from Microsoft Manual of St
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

Karen Casemier writes:

>I have a question about the legality of using
> information from the Microsoft Manual of Style
> in our own company style guide

If you're finding that you want to reuse large chunks, you may want to
just provide copies of their guide as your main style guide. Then you
can publish as your company style guide only items that are specific to
your company or that contradict the MS guide.

Of course, I can't leave this topic without suggesting that you also
check out _Read Me First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry_.

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html