RE: Help with Wet Carpet Cleaning tech piece, please

Subject: RE: Help with Wet Carpet Cleaning tech piece, please
From: "EXT-Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore" <Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'dbarnum -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com'" <dbarnum -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:20:15 -0700

Diana Barnum wrote on Thursday, Sept. 7, 2000 at 4:35 AM

> I'm writing an article for a carpet cleaning industry, and need to find info on technical aspects of the business; ie. comparisons of different water extraction equipment.
> If you know of any references for help, please share. I've tried typing all type of words into library & internet directories: water extraction, carpet cleaning, mold & mildew, flood damage, house restoration, you-name-it. No luck.
>

> Diana,
>
> Have you contacted any of the following?
* Industry groups
* Regulatory agencies
* Leading companies in the field
* Published experts on the industry

> This may entail phone calls and even (shudder) using the US Postal Service, but sometimes there is no substitute for the electronic equivalent of shoe leather. Talking directly with the people who would be most involved may lead to source of information that do not (yet) reside on the otherwise ubiquitous Web.
>
> I am speaking as a former journalist. I believe, and others on this list have stated the same view, that many of the sleuthing skills that set the good reporter apart from the hacks are the same that help the technical writer locate reputable sources of information.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Ted Hornoi-Centerwall
> Technical Writer, COMSYS
> Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- Boeing -dot- com
>
> The opinions expressed here are mine, and not those of my employer, my customer, or my colleagues (at least, so far as I am aware).

Ted Hornoi-Centerwall
Technical Writer
CAS-CADE and CATIA Small Apps (6-6C11)
425-477-4421 7-311.1 1C13-1.2 MS 6F-06
http://www-ads.ca.boeing.com/w&e/index.html

The Internet is best imagined as a virtual point of light

into which will be distilled all the commerce and
culture of the [human] race. -- George Gilder (Forbes 8/21/00)