RE: .chm to hlp?

Subject: RE: .chm to hlp?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:14:21 -0400

Woah!

The original poster said:

Just as I've finished the project from hell, my software
engineer has realized that he can't use a .chm file and needs a .hlp file!!!
Soooo, is there anyway to convert a .chm help file back down
to .hlp? If no, is there an easy way to create a .hlp file using the htm
files or converting them to rtf?

"Can't use" versus "unacceptable to use" are two different things. In
context of the original post, I think Michelle is on-the-money. And, yes, a
CHM can be used in place of any HLP anywhere. CHMs can provide context
sensitive help, though HTML Help does not lend itself to
context-sensitivity. And, though the reader might be shortchanged in the
process, a non-context-sensitive CHM can replace a context-sensitive HLP.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com