Re: Context ID Utility

Subject: Re: Context ID Utility
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "Peter Lucas" <peterlucas -at- mediaone -dot- net>, "Techwr-L List" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:08:05 -0500

RoboHelp does this when you have Help Author mode turned on. I never
need to ask the developers for anything, but if you do need something
from them, ask for their *.hm files. I think those are the ones I used
to get that had the map numbers. If you work from those files, you'll
probably still need to work with the developers, though, in order to
reconcile the names of the dialog boxes with the goofy-looking names
in the file. For example, a dialog box named "Configure Settings" may
be listed in the *.hm file as "HID_Cfg_Setup" (actually you should be
so lucky...those are pretty close!) or something even more obscure.

I'd bet that there are probably some little shareware tools out there
for help authors, though.

Jane Bergen