RE: Context ID Utility.. naming the key

Subject: RE: Context ID Utility.. naming the key
From: Susan Harkus <Susan -dot- Harkus -at- xt3 -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:17:59 +1100

Jane is correct to emphasise the naming of context IDs.

In my last project, I worked with a team of great engineers. We developed a naming convention for dialog box and window elements that enabled me to identify from the context ID list (header file imported into HDK).

Our naming convention was simple but suited our application.

<ENTITY>_<OPERATION>_<ELEMENT>

We also specified acceptable abbreviations of entity and ops.

Some examples...
CUST_EDIT_ADDRESS
CONFIG_NEW_NAME

That naming convention worked for 90% of the cases and in the remaining 10% of cases, we found an alternate solution together.

Susan Harkus
Sydney, Australia




Previous by Author: Greek letters and things and multilingual source versions
Next by Author: RE: Troubleshooting guide.
Previous by Thread: Content Dissemination
Next by Thread: looking for tech writers


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads