Printjob checklist

Subject: Printjob checklist
From: John Cornellier <tw -at- cornellier -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 10:18:25 +0200

I have a print job to do locally. I'm meeting the printer to agree on the job parameters, and I want to get it right the first time. Have I missed anything from the following checklist?

* File format? PS on CD? Are there different types of PS? (Probably PS is a whole nother mailing list, but are there any snags, e.g. with TT fonts or non-US characters?)
* What page formats, weight, and finish available?
* Binding?
* Deadline?
* Dummy run possible?

I'll do the DTP in PM6.5 on W2K, I'll use TT fonts and "foreign" characters. Can anyone think of any variables, pitfalls? I want to be prepared for the unforeseen.

Sorry if this is rather boring and uncontroversial, but it has to be done.

TIA,
John Cornellier