Re: New writer needing advice

Subject: Re: New writer needing advice
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:55:02 +1100

Andrew Plato wrote:

> At least you can walk out of there knowing that you faced the challenge and
> got the job done.
>
> And that is what life is all about.
>
> Andrew Plato

Well, at least we now know the meaning of life,
courtesy of Mr Plato.

If you read carefully, you'll notice that Plato's advice is
based on the premises that (1) a quick and dirty user
assistance package is "getting the job done", and (2)
that quality is a "frou-frou".

If you accept those premises, then follow Plato's
advice.

Before doing so, however, I would try to find out
whether quality is important to the company that
intends to market this product. If the answer is no --
great, then Plato's their golden boy.

If their answer is yes, then you have a lot of educating
to do.

Either way, it isn't going to make you a better person.

I've worked for these "just crank it out" types, and every
one of them has gone down the gurgler in no time flat.
If working for losers was supposed to make me a
better person, it's news to me.

--
Michael West
Melbourne, Australia