Context ID Utility -- Follow Up

Subject: Context ID Utility -- Follow Up
From: "Peter Lucas" <peterlucas -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'FrameMaker List'" <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:18:41 -0700

Not two seconds after I clicked the Send button on my first message, I
checked ForeHelp (I use ForeHelp Premier 2000) and found something under
Tools > Context Tools. It's called QuickFix. It's a small dialog that
displays on top of your app and when you hit F1, the dialog displays the
context ID and other useful information.

From the feedback I received, it seems that other help software, such as
RoboHelp, have similar utilities.

I also found out, if you don't use ForeHelp or RoboHelp, that you can use
the Microsoft Help Workshop compiler. From the main window, select View >
WinHelp Messages. To set what displays in the message window, select View >
Message Options. When you hit F1 at an app, the context ID and other info
displays in the message window. Pretty slick.

Peter Lucas
Decade Software Company