RE: Printjob checklist

Subject: RE: Printjob checklist
From: "EXT-Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore" <Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'John Cornellier'" <tw -at- cornellier -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:42:39 -0700

John Cornellier wrote on Friday,September 8, 2000 at 1:18 AM, in part the following:

> I have a print job to do locally. I'm meeting the printer to agree on the
> job parameters, and I want to get it right the first time. Have I missed
> anything from the following checklist?
>
> * File format? PS on CD? Are there different types of PS? (Probably PS is a
> whole nother mailing list, but are there any snags, e.g. with TT fonts or
> non-US characters?)
> * What page formats, weight, and finish available?
> * Binding?
> * Deadline?
> * Dummy run possible?
<rest of message snipped>

Verify that you and the printer have the same printer driver. That way there is
less of a possibility that what you see when you print the copy and what the
copy will look like when the printer prints it, will look different. Not a guarantee,
just less chance of variance, if your printer drivers are the same. There are other
variables, such as the quality of the paper, the types of ink, and a host or print
technology issues, that may still create more variance than you bargain for.

I guess the idea is to reduce the possibility of differences to a minimum.

I hope this helps.

What I have expressed here is my own idea and not shared by my employer
or my colleagues.