Re: New writer needing advice

Subject: Re: New writer needing advice
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jane Bergen <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 10:31:07 -0700 (PDT)

> Go to an encyclopedia and find some obscure animal. Then sit down
> with

If you have to go through this, then the battle is lost. Anyone with
half a brain knows that if you are going to write current
documentation, you need the current version of the software.

I'm documenting an application and I'm one of the few people in the
company getting the CD of the link to the network install for every
build...there was no question (that I know of) that I shouldn't.

If that doesn't work, convince them that you should be part of the
testing group. When I get the new version, I check the sanity and
versions of the help applications, documentaation, and readme in the
application's installation cd. More than once the build was done and
the developer forgot to add in the revised help or readme.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com