thingies: summary

Subject: thingies: summary
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:48:27 -0700 (PDT)

Well, the consensus seems to be that my "thingies" are windows - child
windows of the parent application window, if I have to distinguish
between them. MS Manual of Style doesn't address the issue, but the
deciding point seems to be that dialog boxes have OK and Cancel buttons
(which my thingies don't) and windows have the three boxes (Minimize,
Maximize, Close) in the upper right corner.

Where I work, "forms" have a specific meaning, as do "views", which
were two other suggestions.

And, since "thingies" just doesn't have that technical ring, windows
they are.

thanks, all!

-Becca

=====
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net (primary address)

"God is not willing to do everything and thus deprive us
of our free will, and that share of glory which falls to
our lot." N. Machievelli, "The Prince" ch.26

http://mail.yahoo.com/