Re: desktop or laptop?

Subject: Re: desktop or laptop?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:29:32 -0700 (PDT)

Some of you may know based on a question I'd posted to the list a
couple of weeks ago that I bought a laptop for the first time.

I discovered one of the benefits of having a laptop...when I had a
problem with getting the application to do something, I just folded
down the lid, picked up the laptop and plopped into a chair his
office.

> Many (if not all) laptops have a second monitor port so you can
> hook them up to a larger screen. I've been using this setup for a
> couple of months, and it works fine. Like Tom, I'd hate to try to
> design on a laptop (in fact, even a 17" screen is cramped if
> you're using a program with floating palettes).

The Dell Inspiron 5000 that I just got has that...I can have two
monitors running at the same time...the laptop (15"), and the desktop
19"...WAY cool.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer