Re: Writing Test Plans

Subject: Re: Writing Test Plans
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Krisyna Knoblauch <kristyna_knoblauch -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:23:58 -0700 (PDT)

Krisyna...

A test plan isn't to test general stuff or stuff that comes to mind.
A test plan verifies that the software does what it is supposed to
do...and the only definitive "Suppose-to" is the functional
requirements documents that the software developers used to create
the thing.

Get the FS documentation and use thet documentation to create your
test plans.

> I have been given the task of writing test plans for a
> software package that my company developed. This is my
> first experience writing a test plan for a major
> product.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer