Thank You - New writer needing advice

Subject: Thank You - New writer needing advice
From: "Lori Lake" <thelakes -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 20:43:44 -0400

Wow!
Thank you so much for all of the suggestions.....I now have ways to help me
succeed rather than reasons to fail.

Just to clarify some of the points:
The manuals already exist; however, there have been numerous major changes
to the functionality, as well as the look and feel of the interface.
I did meet with my manager today, and it doesn't appear as if there will be
any other writers in the near (or distant) future.

My plan of action?
I am comfortable with asking questions....so I will spend the rest of the
weekend figuring what developer is responsible for what function.
I will study the specs so I'm sure about what the software is supposed to
do.
I don't think I want to be involved in the weekly meetings, but I will
definitely push for the minutes.
I am going to put all of my requests in writing.....a little peace-of-mind
never hurts.
Most importantly....write-write-write.

I honestly believe that I will meet the deadline.
Updates to follow.....also, I see a Quadralay question hitting the list in
the very near future.

Thanks
Lori